We have heard a lot about data science work but what does it entail exactly? What makes a data scientist’s approach to things special and the accompanying price tag worthwhile? What problems lend themselves to data science and how does a data scientist tackle them? This webinar attempts to answer all these questions among others, in a comprehensive and comprehensible manner. This webinar also includes a Q&A session with the speaker.
- What is Data Science?
- What does a data scientist do exactly?
- Can anyone be a data scientist?
- How does an organization derive value from Data Science?
- What does a Data Science problem look like? (+ examples)
- What tools does a data scientist ues to tackle such a problem?
- What Data Science methodologies come into play?
- What questions does a data scientist ask of the data?
- How does a data scientist collaborate with other professionals?
- How does a data scientist communicate the results of a project?
- How does a data scientist evolve as a professional?
- How can one learn more about Data Science work and the Data Science mindset?
About Dr. Zacharias Voulgaris
Dr. Zacharias Voulgaris was born in Athens, Greece. He studied Production Engineering and Management at the Technical University of Crete, shifted to Computer Science through a Masters in Information Systems & Technology, and then to Data Science through a PhD on Machine Learning. He has worked at Georgia Tech as a Research Fellow, at an e-marketing startup in Cyprus as an SEO manager, and as a Data Scientist in both Elavon (GA) and G2 Web Services (WA). He also was a Program Manager at Microsoft, on a data analytics pipeline for Bing. Zacharias has authored several books on Data Science, he mentors aspiring data scientists through Thinkful, and maintains a Data Science / AI blog.