Cassandra Fundamentals Video
- Learn about the power of NoSQL and how NoSQL compares to SQL.
- Become proficient with the CAP Theorem. RDBMS, Aster Data, and Neo4j choose Consistency and Availability. MongoDB, Redis, HBase, and BigTable choose Consistency and Partition Tolerance. Riak, Cassandra, CouchDB, and DynamoDB choose Availability and Partition Tolerance.
- Learn about distributed clusters and keyspaces.
- Appreciate Cassandra’s unique characteristics including that there is no query language, no referential integrity, many secondary indexes, sorting is a design decision, and lots of denormalization.
- Understand system keyspaces, distributed systems, P2P architecture, the Gossip protocol, switches, and simple snitches.
- Learn all about bloom filters, key caches, partition summaries, and the SSTable.
- Install Cassandra on a Linux system.
- Practice working with the shell.
- Master the Cassandra Query Language (CQL).
- Practice importing data into and exporting data from Cassandra.
- Apply security measures to your Cassandra clusters and understand the security and authentication features of Cassandra.
- Build a Cassandra-based Web Application using Python.
Instructor: Vijay Raghavan
Length: 3 hours
Access period: For one year starting from purchase date