CockroachDB Made Simple Video
- Be able to explain CockroachDB. CockroachDB is ACID compliant, and is an open source database similar to Google Spanner.
- Be able to articulate the benefits and architecture of CockroachDB.
- Witness the drawbacks of SQL and NoSQL databases, and the important niche that distributed NoSQL databases such as CockroachDB fills.
- Know the three states of nodes and the process of maintaining data across multiple nodes.
- Learn about log replication and leader election.
- Install CockroachDB and become aware of the three different plans available for CockroachDB.
- Start multiple nodes and practice interacting with the nodes via CockroachDB CLI.
- Monitor the CockroachDB Admin User Interface (UI).
- Use SQL in CockroachDB and apply all of the major SQL commands in CockroachDB.
- Practice creating and querying materialized views in CockroachDB.
- Backup and restore data in CockroachDB.
- Import data from other databases or even from a csv file into CockroachDB.
- Build a Web application using CockroachDB and Python.
Instructor: Vijay Raghavan
Length: 3 hours
Access period: For one year starting from purchase date