The Definitive Guide to Redis Video
- Be able to explain what Redis is and know the differences between Redis and traditional relational databases.
- Become comfortable with the role of primary keys and foreign keys.
- Witness the power of key-value databases.
- Be able to appreciate how Redis can be leveraged in various industries. Many organizations use Redis including craigslist, stackoverflow, Twitter, and Flickr.
- Set up the Redis development environment.
- Complete the Redis installation including setting up your virtual machine.
- Use Redis keys.
- Run both the Redis Server and Command Line Interface to see the powerful feature of Redis keys.
- Become proficient with Redis lists.
- Practice adding and removing elements to the list (array).
- Practice using hashes. Hashes are similar to dictionaries in Python or hash maps in Java.
- Practice storing multiple field values under one key (hash).
- Practice working with the Publish Subscribe (Pub/Sub) Pattern.
- Leverage Python with Redis using the redis-py library.
Instructor: Luca-Dorin Anton
Length: 1.5 hours
Access period: For one year starting from purchase date