Amazon Relational Database Service (RDS) Made Simple Video
- Learn about the advantages of SaaS and the characteristics of the Amazon RDS cloud-based distributed database.
- Learn that you can use many databases with Amazon RDS, including Amazon Aurora, MySQL, MariaDB, PostgreSQL, Oracle, and Microsoft SQL Server.
- Set up RDS Aurora and MySQL database instances using either the Easy Create or Advanced options.
- Practice creating tables and selecting data from tables.
- Practice managing RDS instances for activities such as renaming database instances, and performing major and minor upgrades.
- Apply the various Amazon RDS instance settings.
- Practice creating a monitoring plan, establishing a baseline, and setting up monitoring.
- Apply standards and restrictions on Amazon S object names as well.
- Practice applying security measures to your Amazon RDS database instances.
- Practice backing up and restoring Amazon RDS instances using snapshots, and performing point in time recovery using database logs.
- Practice interacting with Amazon RDS using Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) with HTTP Query, Programming Language SDK, and the Command Line Tool.
- Practice working with DBInstance, DBSecurityGroup, DBSnapshot, Endpoint, Event, and Tag data types in Amazon RDS.
- Practice performing Create, Delete, Describe, and Modify actions in Amazon RDS.
Instructor: Victor Deras
Length: 3 hours
Access period: For one year starting from purchase date