PostgreSQL Made Simple Video
- Download, install, setup, and configure PostgreSQL, both the Graphical User Interface (GUI) and the console.
- Get PGAdmin and the command line tool psql up and running.
- Learn about tables, rows, columns, and referential integrity.
- Practice creating and modifying tables in PostgreSQL.
- Practice creating and modifying numeric, string, Boolean, Enumerated, Date, and Time data types in PostgreSQL. Numeric data types include Smallint, Integer, Bigint, Decimal, Numeric, Real, Double precision, Smallserial, Serial, and Bigserial. String data types include Character, Varchar, and Text. Practice creating and using domains to expand the set of data types in PostgreSQL.
- Practice inserting and querying data into tables in PostgreSQL.
- Practice creating inner joins, left joins, right joins, and full outer joins in PostgreSQL.
- Practice creating and modifying virtual tables in PostgreSQL.
- Practice creating and running functions (stored procedures) and triggers in PostgreSQL.
- Practice optimizing table structures, query structures, max_connections, autovacuum, and Work_mem in PostgreSQL.
- Practice backing up data through Continuous Archiving and Point-In-Time Recovery (PITR), File System Level Backup, and SQL Dump.
Instructor: Victor Deras
Length: 3 hours
Access period: For one year starting from purchase date