Scala Essentials Video
- Set up the Scala environment. We introduce Scala and the concept of functional programming, and explain the benefits of both.
- Learn about the structure of Scala, which is based on the Java Virtual Machine (JVM).
- Explore expressions, functions, and values.
- Create your own computations in Scala.
- Create values and we explain why their property of immutability is so important.
- Create lists and how to manipulate them through comprehensions.
- Learn about basic list operations such as select, and also leverage more advanced list operations including deploying your own functions.
- Practice the closest concept Scala has to loops, which is the for-comprehension statement.
- Apply pattern matching and explains why it is so useful.
- Pattern matching is an advanced if-statement.
- Learn how to compile your Scala code.
Instructor: Luca-Dorin Anton
Length: 1 hour
Access period: For one year starting from purchase date