Stata Advanced Video
- Create loops in Stata, and use Local, which can be very handy when creating loops in Stata.
- Local is an object that you can create in Stata to support your code.
- Master the append and merge commands in Stata.
- Practice more complex merging, including the one-to-many merge.
- Apply options available in merge that handle more specific situations, such as merging data sets with common variables, and merging when faced with missing values.
- Master the reshape function in Stata.
- Learn about wide and long data formats, and how to transform wide tables to long tables for better statistical analysis.
- Validate data in Stata. Although we will use a survey as an example, you can use the techniques for any data entry project.
- Learn a number of Stata commands including assert, inlist, inrange, and duplicates.
- Perform regression analysis in Stata using the regress command.
Instructor: Hassan Khan
Length: 3 hours
Access period: For one year starting from purchase date